Achieving the highest construction proficiency and ROI through the effective use of BIM for Qatar’s mega projects
As key Qatari developers look to explore BIM in the delivery of upcoming mega projects, the need for the construction sector to have clearly defined strategies for BIM implementation is critical.
The Building Information Modeling summit in Qatar developed in collaboration with buildingSMART, could not have come at better time when Qatar's construction industry is projected to drive in excess of $22bn worth of new contracts by the end of 2012. As the host of the FIFA World Cup in 2022, Qatar will become one of the most active construction markets in the world. The use of BIM will permit the development of economically viable construction projects as well as the opportunity to maximise the efficient use of natural resources.
The Building Information Modeling Summit brings together developers, main contractors, consultants, architects to debate and offer insight into:
- Achieving successful transition to get all stakeholders onto a single integrated building system
- Using BIM for the development of green building design to deliver a sustainable future in Qatar
- Understanding the value of BIM for MEP engineering by managing succesful BIM documentation
IQPC are proud to announce the launch of The Building Information Modeling Summit to be held on the 24 – 25 September in Qatar.
Benefits of attending
- Understand how the government can play an instrumental role in driving BIM
- Insight into why owners should implement BIM and how it can be done according to their specification
- Understand how to overcome barriers related to the use of BIM for MEP engineering in order to deliver higher quality building
- Identify the role of contractors in driving project delivery through BIM
- Review the benefits of using BIM to reduce energy consumption and cost while promoting sustainable practice